Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blog Portfolio 4

Hi everyone and welcome back to the most awesome blogspot account ever. The blog posts linked below are subjected mainly towards poems and my interpretations of them :) Enjoy!

Coverage

 1) Expressive Language

2) Fear

3) The Harlem Dancer

4) If this was my poetry exam...

5) Wanda Why Aren't You Dead

Depth

If this was my poetry exam

The link above is to my blog on "If this was my poetry exam". When reading this, you will notice an unbolded writing section which discusses the steps I will take to writing a poetry commentary. The bolded part is my thoughts and connections of the actual interpretation of the poem "Old Pond". I noticed that the author of the interpretation defined words differently than I would have which reminded me about the article "Expressive Language" which discusses the power of words.

 Interaction

Wanda's Identity 

The link above is to Julie's blog about the poem "Wanda Why Aren't You Dead". Julie and I had some similar ideas yet she interpreted some things differently to me which I found rather interesting. In some areas she could have added further analysis which is where I added my blog link as a reference. I also linked Nina's blog because of an insightful statement she made about the lack of punctuation. Nina, Julie and I all said something different about the lack of punctuation and I thought Nina's statement was beneficial to Julie and I to ponder over.

Discussion

Expressive Language

The link above is to my blog post about "Expressive Language". Pooja begins a discussion with an interesting perception I had not thought about when I read Baraka's article: 1984. Language is a source of manipulation in Orwell's 1984 yet I do not understand the purpose of words like "ungood" which were preferably used instead of the "bad". Was this a form of manipulation? Aishwarya then joins in the conversation and introduces a new aspect: art. This was a different approach!

Xenoblogging

Commentary on Wanda Why Arent You Dead

The link above is to Adrienne's blog about the poem "Wanda Why Aren't You Dead". Overall, I thought that Adrienne clearly conveyed her interpretation successfully through the analysis of certain literary devices. Her language was understandable and had good fluency. I really enjoyed reading this! Great Job Adrienne!

 why aint you dead

The link above is to Pooja's blog about the poem "Wanda Why Aren't You Dead". Apart from some careless spelling errors, her analysis was insightful and I enjoyed reading it!

Wildcard

Emotion






No comments:

Post a Comment